Thursday 21 April 2011

Wonderful Yarn

Again, I've been busy for the last few weeks with work and then last week I was on vacation, with which I took the opportunity to do some serious spring cleaning and sprucing up :)

Let me introduce you to my new yarns, however - being busy hasn't stopped my yarn addiction from rearing its lovely head ;)

First up, the April Showers yarn from YummyYarnStudio


Just gorgeous, isn't it? Next up is the March sock club yarn from Yarn Love - I ordered an extra skein of the Verdant Knoll, the stunning green colourway, and I couldn't resist trying a skein of the Vintage Postcard even though it isn't usually a colour combination I'm attracted to.

There is a second Vintage Postcard colourway, this time for April, from SweetGeorgia Yarns and it was another "wow" moment when I opened the box.




I haven't knitted up the March pattern and yarn from Yummy Yarn Studio yet, so here's a picture of that...



And last but not least, the Jalapeno socks - this is 'B' sock, on the home stretch up the leg.



This is the second time I've tried the gusset and heel flap method, and this time it worked out properly - it's amazing what you can do if you pay attention to the math, rather than try to fudge it :P

That's all for now, I should be back on the weekend with another update :)

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment