Tuesday 12 July 2011

Dinner, Yarn and a Freshly Trimmed Puppy

Fresh corn is just coming into season in Ontario, and I loooove fresh, sweet, peaches and cream corn :) However, when I was nine I smacked my face on the gym floor playing a game of British Bulldog in fourth grade gym class and as a result I have caps on my front teeth. Last year I had them replaced because the old caps were, well, old, and my dentist was worried about them. She wasn't saying that because she wanted the hefty price tag that went along with replacing two caps, but because the previous ones were 17 years old so it was time. Now I'm back to being paranoid about my teeth - I don't bite into anything that isn't soft in case I damage them, and that includes corn on the cob. So, this is a recipe I found somewhere that is absolutely wonderful - assuming you like and/or can eat bacon.


This was six slices of bacon, cut into small pieces and cooked until lightly browned, then drain all but about 1 tbsp of the fat. While the bacon is cooking, cut the corn off three cobs then put it in with the bacon after draining. Chop up three green onions and put them in with the corn, grind some fresh black pepper over all of it, stir well and allow to cook for six to eight minutes. Serve and enjoy :)

On another note, these are what I've received lately from... well... you'll see :P









The last one is May's selection, but I just realised I hadn't posted a picture of it yet.The first pics are June's colourway, and I ordered an extra two skeins to make a Clapotis wrap. I have so many things I want to make and this goes on the list of those things. The next one is July's colourway and I have no idea what I'm going to do with that one. It's SweetGeorgia's ToughLove Sock yarn, and Felicia has said that the colour repeats are long so there will be pooling when it's knitted up, so I'm thinking of trying to find a slip-stitch sock pattern to make with it. When I ordered the extra skeins I also ordered a skein from SweetGeorgia's lace club, which just looks beautiful and it's sooo soft.

On another note, last weekend it was (past) time for little miss's summer trim :) So now she's all soft and pink and completely adorable.


It's not the greatest picture, sorry, but she's still awfully darn cute.

 Anyway, that's all for now :)

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment