Friday 2 December 2011

This Could Take A While...

Well, here it is - the region won't intervene in the strike, perhaps calling for the drivers to be legislated back to work, thus causing the passengers even more grief and hardship than they've had to deal with already. It's gone too far for us to back down now, so this could drag on for a very long time. We need our jobs, we don't actually want to be on strike and not have a paycheque coming in, and there are a lot of the drivers who are feeling truly awful for the passengers, myself included. It will be interesting to see where this goes from here.

That was very weird. I just got a call on my cell with an automated survey of my opinion of the transit strike. I'm wondering if it's a random sampling of numbers from the area phone book or if it's from a list somewhere that my number is on. I just hung up, feeling like it was some sort of conflict of interest. Probably not logical, but there it is.

This week has been busy - picketing on Tuesday, which meant up super early, then off to the apartment to clear out some more things. I brought another chunk of my kitchen with me this time, and came to the (not very) shocking conclusion that I have a lot of kitchen toys. I also only have four drawers in the kitchen here, and two of them are half sized. My apartment had six drawers, all full sized, one of which was filled with plastic wrap, foil and baggies and the like. I have no idea where the hell this stuff is going to go here, but I am thinking I'm going to have to get a set of freestanding drawers to put it in. Then of course, the question becomes "where do I put that?" *sigh*

Wednesday I was up early again to go with my friend for her court case. She's had a rough haul over the last year and change with her common law husband, and she really needed some moral support. Two of us went with her, to try to keep her from bouncing off the walls. Yesterday was more picketing, which meant I was up at "omfg it's early!!!!" I haven't seen this many early days since I worked day shift. There's a really good reason I switched to afternoons. Sleep is a marvellous thing. I was so tired that I went to bed at seven-thirty last night - I felt like I was six years old again. At least it was dark out so I could sleep. I have an issue with there being light in the room when I'm trying to sleep. It's one of the reasons why I don't nap during the day. I just don't sleep well enough to be bothered trying anymore. I wake up feeling worse than I did before I went for the nap.

I got up this morning and made my guy coffee and a bagel for his breakfast, since I'd gotten eight hours sleep and was feeling much better :-) At least that way he didn't have to stop for coffee on his way to work, and sometimes that keeping that extra couple of dollars can make a difference. Besides, I don't like Tim Horton's anymore (I know, it makes me seem un-Canadian, doesn't it?) and think that my coffee is definitely superior.

After I got up again this morning I decided it was time to tidy up a bit and use up the bananas that have been sitting on the table for the last few days. Bananas are nasty things, really. I'm not fond of them at all. They have a window of only a few hours where they're tolerable to eat, otherwise they're too green or have gone black. The smell, too... I do not like the smell of them. However, since we had them and I'd rather use them in something than just throw them out I just decided to make banana bread. I didn't have the pecans chopped to put in it so i put in mini chocolate chips instead. I really didn't think he would mind (he likes banana bread more than I do - I only eat it when it's fresh out of the oven and the butter goes all melty) and I was right :-)

I have been knitting away, though I think I only have one project to show you right now. It is a lovely one though, and it's very squishy :-) I only have the pic of it blocking unfortunately, but here it is:


The next one I've begun is from Knitty.com, the pattern Citron which is a lovely shawl.


It's up to the beginning of the fourth repeat now, and believe me when I say that's a lot of stitches... I think I might pull out my Argonath stole later on and work on that for a while :-)

Okay, I'm off to do... something... I'll figure out what in a while :-P

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment