Tuesday 21 February 2012

Reorganization

It's been almost three weeks since I've put fingers to keyboard, for the purpose of blogging anyway. Trust me, there's no way I've given up my computer entirely for three weeks, it's just not possible :-P I can't even plead being busy unpacking things because I haven't really done much of that either. Mostly I've been somewhat depressed due to the circumstances surrounding (not)work and so I've done some baking, some cooking, a little bit of visiting and watched what I'm sure would be considered far too much tv.

I've also finished some projects, made headway on Rod's Halloween socks (finally past the heel on 'B' sock - yay!!!) and gotten some more lovely yarn in the mail. It's a good thing to be in the clubs I'm in - they're already paid for, so it's like free yarn ;-) Not really, I know, but still it's wonderful to get packages in the mail :-)







These first two are from Apothecary Yarns and are the first shipment in the Pure Imagination club, a six-month club with two skeins of yarn each month as well as swag. Each month a different Tim Burton movie is chosen as inspiration for the colourways and the first one was drawn from The Nightmare Before Christmas. The top one is Jack & Sally, a lovely melding of the colours from Sally's dress and the grey and blues of Jack. The bottom one is Jack's Lament, taken from the iconic pose of Jack against the moon. They're beautiful colours on beautiful bases, J&S is merino/cashmere/nylon and JL is merino/silk. Somebody suggested some sort of patchwork pattern for J&S, reminiscent of Sally's dress but that's a pattern that would most likely have to be created as I don't think there's one like that out there.

I also received some more yarn from Tri'Coterie - I got the rest of my grab bag from January and they're just lovely :-)




The top is superwash Aran merino, two skeins, and I'm thinking I may make a lovely scarf out of it. I found a pattern on Rav that looks like it would be really pretty. The middle one is Sterling sock, which has little silver threads running through it and as yet I have no idea what to make with it. The last one is lace weight and is just gorgeous!

They came along with these two that I had ordered - rainbow stripes :-)


There are a few more that have shown up, but I don't have pics yet as they seem to show up on days that aren't sunny enough to bother with pics. I also need to get some white poster board from Staples or wherever to have a decent backing when I do take photos of my new yarn. I have a feeling that at least some of them are overexposed, but maybe some day I'll manage to take a class or course on how to use my camera better than I do at the moment. I get lucky with some of my pictures, thank goodness, but I know that some are really not so good.

Other things I've managed to do include give my puppy girl a trim finally. Her hair was getting way too long and she was developing some matts which are not a good thing for a poodle-y girl. She looks adorable as always, and I'm going to give her another bath on the weekend, I think, and a proper trim with the clippers this time instead of the scissors.

I finished Leigh's socks, and I hope she's got them by now. I sent them out about two weeks ago now, but I haven't heard from her as to whether or not she's received them. I guess I should message her and find out, shouldn't I :-)

I also made a pair of socks for my friend as a thank you for helping me move, and a pair of fingerless mitts for my other friend for helping me pack up the apartment.



The other thing we've managed to do it get rid of the old hutch in the back room and put up one of my bookcases and the two dvd shelves and put all the movies we have on those shelves. This opens up the back room quite a bit and clears the path for the door more than it has been.


That's about all for now, I'll try to come up with something more entertaining for the next post :-)

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment